Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving at school

Yes, the food was as bad as I remember, LOL. Actually, the cranberry sauce was good, LOL, and the dressing wasn't half bad.

Anywho...I had to make Gabriel a costume. You see, the boys dressed up like indians, and the girls like pilgrims...LOL.

I had planned on making a paper bag vest (Lee said his was made out of a pillowcase), but couldn't find one, so I had to "whip up" (HA!) a pair of fringed pants, a fringed vest (complete with beads) and the headband with feathers.

Yes, I did it. And yes, I did it with under 2 yards of fabric, I was so proud!

But it took stinkin FOR-EV-ER! Oh, and the beads? Yea, over an hour there JUST ON THE VEST ALONE! and that doesn't include cutting out and sewing the vest together! And the headband...well, let's just say I don't want to make another any time soon.

But it was cute! And the kiddos all looked neat in all of their different costumes! (and yes, I could see that I really am an over-achiever, LOL, those other indians looked so cute in their painted t-shirts!)

Pics to come, later, LOL

Oh, and for those that coupon, I was so proud of myself today....my grocery budget was $100 this week (mind you it's 3rd weekend, and I got laundry stuff and other items etc), and I spent $99.99. Yes, I recieved a penny back! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment