Monday, June 14, 2010

11 years

11 years ago today (well, tonight, really!), the Good Lord filled me with the Holy Ghost!

I've been through many trials, and some where I couldn't see the way out, but He had great mercy, and He carried me through them to the other side.

In the past 2 years, I've been through the greatest trial I could ever imagine, but the strength that I have recieved through it has been amazing in itself. If you were at Skyline this last Thursday morning, you have already heard this, but oh well!

You know, the night I got the HolyGhost, I was begging Him to save me from torment. I never even imagined there was so much more to it than that! Through these last 11 years, the Lord has been my friend when I had no others, my Doctor when I have been sick, not to mention the times that He has healed my kids and helped my husband and I, and all He has ever asked in return is praise. I know I will never be able to thank Him enough for all that He has done for me, but I hope to see him again someday.

I tell my husband sometimes, when I get to heaven, the first thing I want to do, if I am able to, is to wash Jesus' feet and then dry them with my hair. He has blessed me with VERY long hair, that I prayed for Him to give me, and I feel that He blessed me through that. I had thought that I would wash them with my tears, but then I remembered that He will wipe all the tears from my eyes, and I will have no more sorrow! Praise the Lord!

I had woken up with a bad attitude this morning, but then I remembered what Brother Totchie says, about whether or not you have a good day is up to you and your attitude, and I tried to change my outlook. It's worked. I have felt the presence of the Lord while typing this out, and I hope you did while reading it. He's so good to me, and I know I'll never feel worthy of His love, patience and mercy, but He will love me anyways.

I'm off to Huntsville to church, hope to see you there!

1 comment: